Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Food Discovery

For some reason, I have had my mind on food a lot these past few days. Probably because I'm trying not to and that just makes me think about it more. I'm not dieting because I love to eat too much and am not dedicated to do it. I am trying to eat healthier and in smaller portions though. Any way, I'm not sure why I am blogging this but I had to share that I ate at a wonderful place yesterday with two sweet friends. It is called Jackson's and it is in Homewood. I had a great chicken salad penini(yummy!) and for dessert, we all shared something I had never heard of. Cookie Dough Egg Rolls! They wrapped chocolate chip cookie dough up in the filo type wrap and fried it where it looked like an egg roll. They served it with ice cream drizzled with chocolate sauce. It was one of the tastiest things I have ever put in my mouth! Unfortunately, now I can't stop thinking about it.

Today, I decided I had to come up with something to take my mind off of it with less calories and I just made a fabulous salad with ingredients from my veggie co-op this week. Spinach and tomatoes tossed with whole wheat pasta, Lite Italian Dressing and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Aaahhh! So good in a very different way.

I think that one day we need to have another girls lunch at Jacksons. Anyone game?

6 comments:

mindy said...

I've had those! they are awesome. I went with hubby on a business trip to Nashville and there was a restaurant that served those and fried twinkies..and blue drinks called pool water...yummy, but SSOOO not low carb..or low anything for that matter...I'll have to go to Jacksons for my bday...

Amy said...

Oh yes. Twist my arm, and we'll go.

We're due for our girls' date anyway. At least now we know where we are going to eat!!!

Jackie said...

I am having such a hard time getting back to a healthy diet and the thought of the cookie dough wraps makes my mouth water. I am glad you ended your story with the yummy salad. that sounds delicious too.

Jenn said...

I am salivating (this is one of those weird words I don't like, but it's the best choice) over the cookie dough wrap---yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean cookie dough is great by itself, but through it in a wrap & add chocolate sauce---double yum!

Take me on a lunch date, pretty please!

Miss you & hope all is well in the Chandler home:o)

Jennifer said...

O.k., I'll be the usual oddball and say I definitely don't want cookie dough anything, but I'll go with you and eat something else. :-) And, I'm glad it's not still Christmas on your blog. I love you!!!

Shannon said...

oh my goodness... you know my addiction to chocolate chip cookie dough!!! that sounds fabulous!

"There is never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important thing."