Our ladies group is currently doing a Bible Study on Marriage, based on the book, "What a Husband Needs from His Wife", by Melanie Chitwood. God is changing my life and revitalizing my marriage through this study. It seems like at least twice a year I think about (and sometimes pray about) where my priorities are. What is really important to me? Where do I spend my time, my worries, my thinking, etc...? We were asked to list our top 5 priorities in order. I knew what they should be and what I wanted them to be but it was so defeating to honestly look and see where they really are. If you asked me, I would probably deny it, but when you look at my life, it is plain as day. The good news is that God's Word tells us in Acts 3:19 "Therefore repent and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord". The last four weeks have been times of refreshing for me.
It has been in the little things in my marriage. Working on daily spending time with God and making that a top priority. I don't have it mastered yet but I'm closer every day. Doing little things for my husband that sometimes he notices and sometimes he doesn't, but doing it with a heart of wanting to serve him without expecting something in return. I'm learning more about surrendering myself and seeking God to fill my needs and not my expectations of Jere. Melanie talks about surrendering our rights to have marriage work the way we think it should. To give up feeling entitled to what we deserve in marriage. Wow, do I feel entitled! and I didn't even realize how much. Times of refreshing come from the Lord!
1 comment:
oh! you SO need to listen to Platt's sermon on marriage. It would go along perfectly with this! I'll try to email it to you.
Post a Comment