The 4th of July was a great day! It was packed full of laughter and activities and lots of friends and family. Our "Forks & Friends" group from church gets together once each month to eat together and we try to schedule something fun to do too. This month we decided to get together to celebrate the 4th and we invited another "F&F" group to join us. We all went to the American Village and it was a blast. Some people went early and got to see some of the shows on Manners and Historical Events. We also heard "Ben Franklin" read the Declaration of Independence. Something to be very thankful for on this holiday. Others got there just in time for the thunderstorm to hit when we had to pack up all of our things and head for cover. We had 10 families all together and were able to take cover in the Chapel and the little Yellow House. It is good that there wasn't severe weather because the yellow house would not have been a very safe place to be. My brother Ben and his wife Christy came and spent the weekend with us too. They were life-savers when it came to the kids. Moving all of those little ones indoors could have been a tough thing but as soon as we walked into the house, Ben and Christy started up game time. They played Simon Says, Red Light/Green Light, they marched and lots more. Everyone had a great time. Most of us were able to eat before the storm came so afterward we got together again and set up camp. With 10 families, it was pretty much a camp! The Oglesby's brought glow sticks that were another huge hit and kept the kids (and adults) entertained for hours. We ended the night with a great display of fireworks. It was a great day!! Here are LOTS of pictures from our day!!



5 comments:
Well first of all, I LOVE the new look!! You did great! What great pictures. It was so good to see everyone! I feel how hot it was just sitting here! lol... Looks like lots of fun!!!!!
Awesome pictures. And I love the new layout.
Love the new layout. Love the new name.
Love my sister and her family.
Christy and I had a great time at the picnic and hanging out with y'all. As I said on my blog, your kids are unreasonably cute. And it was fun seeing both of y'all and meeting some of your friends.
I had such a good time that I almost hestitate to point out that it was "Thomas Jefferson" who read the Declaration of Independence, not "Ben Franklin." Almost, but the historical geek in me can't resist.
Thank you "history geek" for pointing that out! Love ya! In my hurry to get an actual post in a timely manner, I didn't stop and think that it would make no sense whatsoever for Ben Franklin to be reading the Declaration of Independence!
Love the new look and had fun being with the Chandlers for the 4th again. Our yearly tradition:)
Post a Comment