Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Jere!


Today I want to celebrate my sweet husband. This week he is "2 years" younger than me and on Sunday, it will be "only one". I say, "I robbed the cradle". He says, "You're my old lady". I don't take that the wrong way at all. At least I'm his and he is mine!

The first birthday that I shared with him was before we ever started dating. He had recently moved to town and his mom called to ask me to help put together a surprise party for him. I had been at his house the night before and told him that I lost my watch at his house and asked if we could stop by to get it before we went where we were going. He fell for it and we were able to really surprise him. It was great until he paid me back on my next birthday and scared me out of my wits. The only photo I remember is one where you could see all the way down my throat to my lungs from the scream that I let out. Anyway, it is 13 years later....

To honor him today I want to celebrate him and what I love about him:
I love the way he finds a song to go with everything.
I love that every conversation ends up being about sports or music. It is just him!
I love the way he prays with the kids every night.
I love that he just holds up one finger and the kids run away screaming for protection from the tickle monster.
I love that he works his tail off for us but expects very little in return.
I love the way he serves others.
I love watching him sit and read his Bible at night.
I love his grilled cheese sandwiches.
I love that he knows when I have reached my limit and just takes over.
I love it when he holds my hand.
I love it when he shares his mom's homemade Chex mix with me (which is rare).
I love that he worries about me when I take on too much.
I love the way he and A have a special bond that only a father-daughter could have.
I love the way he picks out a Build-A-Bear for A to sleep with every night.
I love that he and D have "guy nights" and watch Star Wars while acting it out with the characters.
I love that he has us all watching Nascar on Sunday afternoons - at least until football starts.
I love him for who God has molded him to be!

Of course, these are just a few of the reasons I love him! I think of more all the time. I hope you had a great one! Happy Birthday Jere!!

No comments:

"There is never enough time to do everything, but there is always enough time to do the most important thing."